8 Pork Noisettes or 2 x 400g Pork Fillet (chopped)
16 Prunes (pitted)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion (finely chopped)
150ml White Wine
280ml Chicken Stock
1 Bay Leaf
2 Sprigs Thyme
250ml Double Cream
- Trim excess fat from the pork, making sure to get rid of any membrane (which will cause the pork to shrink)
- Heat oil in a frying pan & add half the butter. Once the butter is melted & foaming, add the pork (in batches if needed) & fry on both sides until cooked. Transfer to a warm plate, cover & keep warm.
- Pour off excess fat from pan. Melt remaining butter, add the onion & heat until softened (but not browned). Add wine, bring to boil & simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, bay leaf & thyme & bring to boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Strain stock into a bowl & rinse the pan. Return liquid to pan, add the cream & prunes & simmer for 8 minutes or until sauce thickens. Add the pork back into the pan & simmer until heated through.