Wednesday, January 5, 2011

3 Winter Warmers: 2) Pea, Mint & Courgette Soup

Oops. I got a bit sidetracked my Christmas and not having any water. Forgot to post the other two winter warmer recipes. But seeing as it's still feels like winter. Here are the other two recipes.

Pea, Mint & Courgette Soup
Now this was a surprise! I like peas but every time I think of pea soup I think of the Exorcist and the thoughts of my head turning 360 degrees and me spewing pea soup was a slight turn off to making it. But when I did, I found it one of the more refreshing and tasty soups I have ever made.



Ingredients:
Butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion (finely chopped)
1 Stalk Celery (chopped)
250g Courgette (chopped)
750ml Vegetable Stock
 250g Peas (frozen or fresh)
10g Mint (chopped)
100ml Single Cream
Salt & Pepper

Method:
  • Melt a knob of butter with oil. Add onion, celery & courgette. Season with salt & pepper and cover. Cook gently for 10 minutes until soft. 
  • Add stock, bring to simmer, then add peas & continue cooking for 10 minutes. Stir in mint at the very end. 
  • Blend in a food processor then stir in the cream. Season to taste.
  • Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment