3/4 Chicken Breasts or thighs
75ml Soy Sauce
75ml Mirin (Sweet Rice Wine)
75ml Sake (Optional)
2 tbsp Sugar
1 Clove Garlic (grated)
1 inch Fresh Ginger (grated)
- Mix the Soy Sauce, Mirin, Sake, Sugar, Ginger & Garlic in a bowl. Pour over the chicken breasts & leave to marinade for at least 30mins (the longer the better)
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Drain the chicken and fry on one side until brown.
- Lower heat and turn the chicken over. Add the marinade, cover the pan & allow the chicken to cook through.
- Take off the lid & simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Take the chicken out of the sauce and slice into 1 inch pieces & place on the serving plate. Pour a little of the thickened sauce over the chicken.