Wednesday, February 2, 2011

3 Sauces to Brighten up any Meal 2) Barbeque


Now this is an amazing sauce. I always make a bit pot of it and freeze it so I can use it anytime I want. I owe this recipe to my Hungarian friend Viktor who first made it for me and I had to beg him for the recipe. It works wonderful as a marinade for chicken or ribs (a family favourite) or can be used as a condiment on the dinner table to add a bit of spiciness to any meal. This recipe makes a good quantity of sauce so you might want to half the quantities for your first try.

Ingredients:
470ml Tomato Ketchup
280ml Water
120ml Apple Cider Vinegar
5 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
5 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tbsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tbsp Onion powder
1/2 tbsp Mustard powder
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
1 tbsp Chilli powder
1 tbsp Cayenne pepper


Method:
  • Add all ingredients to a saucepan.
  • Bring to boil. Simmer for 1 1/2 hour stirring frequently.
  • Adjust the spice by adding more Chilli and Cayenne if desired.
  • Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment