Growing up, my only real experience of beans was the kind that are smothered in tomato sauce and served with toast as a cheap and filling meal. Thankfully my haricot-related knowledge has expanded somewhat and I now enjoy a much better relationship with the oft forgotten legume.
Last week I got a massive craving for a bean salad; something that I've seen a lot but never really had much of but knew I wanted. Perhaps it is the high amounts of protein that appealed to me.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can use any type of beans that you wish. You could use cannellini beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, green beans etc. Basically any beans that you can place your hands on. This recipe can be made in minutes and is great as a side salad with a main course, as lunch, or just a snack.
1 Tin Red Kidney Beans
1 Tin Cannellini Beans
1 Tine Garbanzo Beans
1 Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
1 Clove Garlic (Finely Chopped)
100g Flat Leafed Parsley (Chopped)
100g Chives (Chopped)
100ml Appl Cider Vinegar
50ml Olive Oil
1 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp Mustard
Salt & Pepper
- Rinse beans under cold water. Drain.
- In a bowl, mix the Beans, Onion, Garlic, Parsley & Chives.
- In a seperate bowl, add the Vinegar. Whisk in the Olive Oil, Mustard & Honey.
- Season with Salt, Pepper & Cayenne Pepper to taste.
- Add to the Beans & mis in thoroughly.