Monday, November 21, 2011

Healthy Starters: Garlic Mushrooms


 I promised to post this recipe ages ago, but didn't so I thought I'd better post it now. A few weeks ago I got a craving for garlic mushrooms. It's strange because for years I would never it them but now I love them. This is a recipe I've come up with by myself as there wasn't a satisfactory recipe anywhere online. As with all my recipes, it's very simple to make and really cheap. You can use normal white (closed-cup) mushrooms or, if you like, experiment with different varieties for different flavour combinations.

Ingredients:
10 Mushrooms 
3 tsp Garlic Butter
10g Flour
50g Breadcrumbs
1 Egg (Beaten)

Method:
  • Melt the garlic butter. Add the breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly to make sure the crumbs are coated. 
  • Preheat oven to 190°C.
  • Clean the mushrooms. Coat each mushrooms in flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip in the beaten egg before coating thoroughly in the breadcrumbs. 
  • Place on a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden and crispy. Alternatively you can deep fry them until crispy.
  • Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment